Managua, Nicaragua- Maribel Markines, Interplast volunteer visiting educator.
Jefferson is an adorable 2-month-old who was burned while sleeping in his home. The candle that was lighting the room tipped over engulfing the mattress Jefferson was sleeping on in flames. I worked with a team of physical therapists, nurses and his mother to exercise Jefferson’s burn contractures.
The next day Jefferson’s hip was looser and his fingers were back to their normal position. Jefferson was even able to give me a beautiful thank you smile.